Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Smell of Saturday

It is Saturday and I am not at work today. This week was the first time in almost 2 months that I had to go to 5 days of work in a row. Can you believe the injustice?!! I just walked outside into a sunny, Pacific Northwest early afternoon and I could smell it in the air...Saturday. I have been able to smell it for as long as I can remember. When I was a youngster in Missouri, it was the smell of freshly cut grass, of soccer games, of no responsibilities, of freedom. It is hard to describe, but it is real. I used to wonder how it was possible, but now I just enjoy the sweet scent.

It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Bud, your post was life-affirming to me, much like the wrapper from my BK Croissan'which this morning, which read. "This may be the most important meal of the day or of your life. Today might be the day you hear your favorite song for the first time, or the day you meet your true love. So here's to the best day of your life. Fuel up!"

Needless to say, I've had myself one fantastic (Satur)day ever since.

Now, which do you think is stronger, the smell of Saturday or the stench of Monday? Answer: the stench of Greeley.

Tankfos said...

That is similar to whenever I smell bean with bacon soup. I think of sitting in front of the T.V excited to watch Macgyver or Sound of Music. Strange.