Saturday, June 03, 2006

Baby Steps Towards Changing the World

That is one cute, dapper little man!

I apologize for not providing you with the pleasure of reading about my thoughts and feelings for almost a month. Who am I kidding? As I always tell Dana: "Nobody cares!"

It has been a whirlwind month for us. As with any defining moment in life, the duration of that moment can usually be described as at once both ploddingly slow and screamingly fast. I can't believe that Max has only been in our arms for only about four weeks as it is hard to remember anything before he came along, but at the same time it seems like he is growing so fast that we cannot keep up with him.

He is such an alert baby. Sure, he sleeps his fair share, but he is awake more than I thought a few-week-old baby would be. He has started to acquire some useful head and neck skills (next come the computer hacking and bowstaff skills...). Sometimes, when I hold him against my chest, he will purposefully put his head back and just look up into my eyes, like he is trying to figure out who I am on the inside. By that I mean he knows that I am his dad, but he seems to be searching my heart and soul for something else.

He is so small and so helpless. Yet, it is babies like Max that hold endless potential for powerful good in the future world. How badly the world needs good people to influence it. I hope I can teach him and inspire him and guide him so that he can make the most out of all that potential he has wrapped up inside that little brain and body.

Look out world, we have unleashed Max upon you. Evil and corruption will be vanquished!!!

Okay, well, maybe he should start by working on basic motor and speech skills and accurately controlling his extremities first. Then he can move on to changing the world. Baby steps...

5 comments:

Mark said...

Bud, you've always been a well-dressed man, but it looks like your son has surpassed even you in style.

It's hard not to look at your kids and see the endless potential they have. I have no doubt that Maxwell will change the world. I foresee his birthday becoming an international holiday and his legacy extending down through generations. One day, he may even have his very own blog, just like his old man.

I have foreseen it.

I'm looking forward to a few years down the road when all the little cousins can play together.

Wendi said...

Max is a dapper and handsome little guy...and is it just me, or is the little tyke a redhead? A bold departure from the (thus far) more common blonde-and-blue/green paring (not that there's anything wrong with blonde and blue/green, of course). I get a big kick out of the way that Clan Foster is growing!

Tankfos said...

You've got one cute kid.

Dad said...

I too must attest to Maxster's cuteness as I have now held him and beheld for myself. My first time holding him, he looked at me and promptly let go with a spit up. I manage to get the very best out of children.

As I held the little guy in my handsfor the first time, I couldn't help but once again be amazed at these little people, come to earth and totally dependent on we big people for everything. The most highly potential lifeform, yet totally dependent at such a early age and for such and extended time. You realize that most species are independent within days if not weeks, but humans for much, much longer. An interesting paradox with regard to man's dominance in our world.

I know that Max is blessed with two wonderful parents who will raise him to be a man among men in the world. M.Tyler Foster hmmm.... sounds like a GA or may a famous scientist or Dr. He is destined for great things.

Dad

Dad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.